Monday, June 2, 2008

Housekeeping in a Cluttered Mind - closet #1

Well, first I'll put a few stipulations out here, okay? Then I'll get on with it. This is my first attempt at a blog so I really have no idea what I'm doing. Also, I don't always spell or grammar check so please grant m a little grace in that area. Finally, I am an extremely flawed individual, quite far from perfect. Although I'm old enough to have a good deal of life experience, I'd also like to think I'm wise enough to realize I am not always right and can still be taught a few things. Feel free to share insights or comments on my postings. Obviously agreement and encouragement are alway welcome. But I also invite you to gently blast me full-bore if I'm way off the mark. You sharpen me and I'll sharpen you as we press onward in the journey.

I guess, at least to start off, this blog will be more of an aid in helping me sort out the millions of things that run through my mind. It gets pretty cluttered in there with so much I'd like to take time to ponder. But being a husband, dad, employee, child, active church member... leaves little time for real reflection. Then of course you throw in the culture of constant entertainment where an entire evening can be wasted on worrying about what's going to happen to this fictional TV charachter or that, or who will get booted off "Idol." How easily distracted we are. Make sure you thank God for His patience with us. Who among us would be content, say in our marriages, with the "left-overs" we offer Him?

Gee, I'm already seeing that I'm going to get myself in a lot of troule in this blog. I don't think there's a Fifth Ammendment here to protect me from self incrimination.

No comments: