Wednesday, June 18, 2008

All over the board...

Today’s post is VERY random.

Just because you might question authority doesn’t mean you are being rebellious, does it?

Christianity is so radical because it calls those in authority to become servants to those under their authority.

Why do so many people have a problem understanding that “prostrate” is a position of being face down on the ground and “prostate” is a gland in the male body.

When people say, “My prayers aren’t getting past the ceiling,” don’t they realize that God still hears them because He’s already in the room?

Don’t we have the same amount of daylight whether we change our clocks each spring and fall or not?

Why do they still call it the ten o’clock news when it comes on at 11:15 after a sporting event has gone late?

Can somebody explain the rule to me so I know when “this Saturday” and “next Saturday” mean the same Saturday and when they don’t?

If one misspeaks and both know what was really meant to be said, is it really necessary to correct the person? (Although I don’t think that should apply when I am trying to teach my chilren to speak properly.)

I don’t like them calling it “Language Arts” in school. What language are they teaching them? It’s English so call it English class!

1 comment:

kim said...

So totally with you on that 'this Saturday'/'next Saturday' thing. Neil and I use these terms in opposite ways, which regularly gets us in trouble.

I love random posts. :)