Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back in 1969...


I'm not sure how many of you out there were even alive back on July 20, 1969 when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Did you watch it on your family's black and white TV? It seemed the whole world was marveling at this feat. However, something even more dramatic took place just three days later. As the Apollo 11 crew were making their way back to earth the angels were celebrating. Not due to the accomplishment of these astronauts. But it was on July 23, 1969 that I became a Christian. Of course, being only five, I can't say there were many dramatic changes in my lifestyle. But looking back over these past 39 years I can clearly see God's hand in guiding and protecting me through the circumstances of my life. Neil may have played an important role in the history of man's encounters of the heavens. But the kneel of most import is the one done at the foot of the cross in surrender to The Maker of heaven and earth.

No comments: