Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fast Thoughts on Fast Food News

Ok, I know they don't like the "Fast Food" term and they are supposed to be called "Quick Serve Restaurants" now. But But QSR just didn't sound right in my title. Anyway, after a month off, I'm here commenting on the following.

I was watching Fox and Friends the other morning and saw an ad for Popeyes. What struck me as funny is their new ad slogan. "Louisiana Fast" Just think about that. I know, stereotyping isn't nice. But really, have you ever been to Louisiana? That slogan appears to be more of an oxymoron, doesn't it? I'm just saying, the pace of life down in that part of the country seems, um, well a bit more "relaxed" than other places I've been.

Then there was Reed Harris from New Mexico who came up with a memorable way to propose to his girlfriend. He hid the ring in her Frosty from Wendy's and then challenged her in a Frosty eating race. Having invited friends to watch the event, I'm sure he didn't quite plan on the way it turned out. His girlfriend, Kaitlin Whipple, must be very competitive. She won the race and never even noticed there was a ring somewhere in the midst of the all the Frosty she had swallowed. But it all turned out all right in the end. They are planning to wed in May or June. It made me think of Melissa from the Bachelor. I'm sure she wanted to tell Jason to stick the ring he gave to her where the sun don't shine.

And finally, we have the McNugget meltdown of Latreasa Goodman. She ordered and paid for a 10-piece, but then was told they were out of nuggets. When she was only offered alternate food items rather than a refund she called 9-1-1. Not once. Not twice. But three times. Maybe she called 3 times because she expected the police to respond in a New York minute and they were responding Louisiana Fast instead. When told by the 9-1-1 operator that 9-1-1 was for emergencies she said, "this is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency." I guess QT isn't the only place that has serious food.

No comments: